Learn how to make stunning piped buttercream flowers with our piping and decorating expert, Marianne Stewart. Marianne is a qualified pastry chef with a professional background, and a regular baking & decorating tutor. With numerous recipes and cake projects in print, including Wedding Cakes, The Telegraph Magazine, Cakes & Sugarcraft and Vegan Living, she is a seasoned food writer and recipe developer. Marianne also works on specialist food styling projects, using her creative and expert decorating & baking skills to create stunning cake and sugarcraft projects for commercials, stills & online marketing campaigns.
In this one-day class learn how to pipe stunning professional flowers using Swiss Meringue Buttercream. You will learn how to make firm & stable Swiss Meringue Buttercream for the perfect piping consistency, how to layer & mask a cake to a professional finish, how to achieve the perfect on-trend textured buttercream finish and pipe a range of modern buttercream flowers using a flower nail. Professional cake skills, such as making stable buttercream, colouring, piping and storing buttercream leaves and flowers are all covered. This class is suitable for beginners to improvers, and Marianne can always give you extra flowers to pipe if you are ahead of the class!
- Marianne will give you the recipe for her signature chocolate cake; super moist and full of flavour.
- You will make Swiss Meringue buttercream, specially customised for creating richly detailed flowers. This buttercream is key for creating flowers that are not only delicious but hold up in warmer conditions and stay stable for longer when piping.
- Marianne will demonstrate two-tone colouring and show you various piping techniques involved in crafting life-like flowers from buttercream.
- You will learn how to pipe a selection of 3 to 4 flowers such as ranunculus, roses, rosebuds, chrysanthemum, blossoms and leaves, all onto a flower nail.
- You will also learn about storage and handling buttercream flowers, assembly and how to garnish the flowers with piped leaves.
- You will leave with a 6” decorated cake and all the recipes used in the class. Please bring a container with you to transport home your masterpiece.
Please note: the photograph shows examples of the types of flowers you will be piping and will differ on the day.