Royal iced flooded biscuits often seem daunting, but this course will give you the confidence, skills and know-how to create stunning & professionally finished cookies!
Imagine being able to pipe, flood and decorate with royal icing in order to achieve anything; from perfectly smooth iced diamonds with geometric straight lines to marble biscuits with piped messages to beautiful terrarium cookies with 3D piped succulents.
In this course, Royal icing and piping expert Marianne Stewart will take you through all the key techniques and understanding in order to master royal iced biscuits. By the end of the course you will leave with an in-depth understanding of how to work with royal icing, so that you will be able to re-create all the on-trend designs in the course and many, many more.
You will learn:
- How to make a classic cut out biscuit recipe
- How to make royal icing, best ingredients to use & what to avoid
- About different consistencies; how to make them & their uses
- How to colour royal icing; best brands to use
- How to make paper piping bags
- How to hold a piping bag & best piping technique for detailed finishes
- About nozzles & techniques to use for piping 3D succulents
- How to create a marble finish with royal icing
- About flat iced decorations – dots, lines etc…
- How to get neat over-piping, including how to pipe messages
- How to pipe decorations directly onto the biscuit, as well as piping decorations separately to stick on later (great for nervous pipers!)
- How to achieve an edible gold finish
Please bring a container with you to transport home your masterpieces.
Please note: the photograph shows examples of the types of biscuits you will be piping.
Marianne has been working as a pastry chef, cake decorator and tutor for over 10 years. She trained in Royal Icing with the undisputed master of Royal Icing himself, Eddie Spence MBE, for 4 terms at Eastleigh college. She has since used her royal icing skills to create a royal-iced gingerbread village for the Neff “Slide n Glide” oven campaign, a sugar crown for a magazine shoot with Prue Leith, as well as creating royal iced cookies for the cake decorating book Cakemoji. She is a huge royal icing enthusiast!