In this fun & information packed one-day course, you will learn how to master the art of the French Macaron. The macaron should be a staple in every baker’s repertoire, but they can often be daunting and difficult to produce consistent results.
Marianne will take you through all the essential steps to create successful and stunning macaron shells, avoiding the common pitfalls of these tricky delicacies. Marianne will share her experience of making macarons (in many, many different kitchens!) to remove the guess-work of making them at home.
In the class we will cover:
- Using the Italian meringue method to produce 2 different batches of macarons
- How to achieve the ideal batter consistency & pipe perfectly round macarons
- Decorating the shells with stylish edible gold paint
- Creating an on-trend colourful two-tone effect with the shells
- Making two different delicious and innovative fillings
- How to pair, fill, decorate & store macarons for maximum flavour & freshness
You will go home with your own batches of macarons, a reusable template for piping the shells and all the recipes used in the class. Please bring a container with you to transport home your masterpieces.
Please note: the photograph shows examples of the types of macarons you will be piping.
Marianne is a qualified pastry chef with a professional background, and a regular baking & decorating tutor. With numerous recipes and cake projects in print, including Wedding Cakes, The Telegraph Magazine, Cakes & Sugarcraft and Vegan Living, she is a seasoned food writer and recipe developer. Marianne also works on specialist food styling projects, using her creative and expert decorating & baking skills to create stunning cake and sugarcraft projects for commercials, stills & online marketing campaigns.